Freelancers have opened the door to a different way we see employees. As much as 85% of managers believe that having teams with remote workers will become the new norm. There are a lot of benefits to having a team of freelancers and smart business owners are reaping those benefits more and more.
However, some managers are struggling with finding ways to ensure their freelance remote team is productive, still looking for ways to increase that productivity. If you’re in the same boat, here are some proven tips that will help you achieve the results you’re hoping for.
If you need help, ServiceNow Power BI integration helps track personalized metrics, KPI, overall team performance in real-time by scheduling refreshes, and also visualize team contribution to the overall result.
Use freelance management software
In today’s modern world, businesses have a plethora of tools to choose from that can help them with their day-to-day operations and tasks. Since you’re working with freelancers, you need a tool that will help you handle these workers.
This is where a freelance management tool comes in. With this tool, you can do a lot. When you use a proven freelance management software, you can achieve great results and ensure your freelance workforce is running smoothly.
With this software, you can:
- Create a more efficient onboarding process that ensures each employee is properly trained and ready to fit into your business.
- Manage projects.
- Keep everything organized and each team member accountable.
- Draw up agreements and contracts to ensure everyone is always on the same page.
- Simplify your processes with automated integration.
- Handle multiple tasks, regardless of how many teammates work for you.
- Send payments and invoices on time and in a way that works best for your freelancers.
Send gifts to your employees
A happy employee is a hardworking employee. Today’s workforce isn’t what it used to be a couple of decades ago. Employees nowadays want to feel appreciated at their job, not just like they’re there to make the business owner rich.
If you want to show your employees how much you value their contribution to your business, show it with a thoughtful gift. Corporate gifting is becoming more popular each year as business owners realize its benefits.
Sending gifts to your employees will boost their productivity because they will be willing to go the extra mile once they’ve been provided with small tokens of appreciation and gratitude. Simply put, the recognition you give out for hard work will encourage more hard work.
Don’t think your employees need to be under the same roof for you to give them a gift. If you don’t know what would be the perfect present, Hoppier has some great corporate gifting ideas that work for remote and freelance employees.
Don’t overwork your freelancers
When managers work with an in-house team, it’s easy to see when they’re feeling overworked or overstressed. However, when you work with freelancers that you don’t see every day, it’s easy to overburden them with tasks without even realizing it.
This is why you should openly talk with your employees to see how much work they can manage without feeling overworked. Additionally, ask them to provide you with any necessary information regarding other commitments to make sure there isn’t any overlapping with important assignments.
If you can, provide them with software that will help them perform their tasks and take the weight off their responsibilities.
Finally, make sure to have an open-door policy with them. Tell each employee they can come to you whenever they’re feeling stressed or overworked so you can come up with solutions to their problems together.
An overworked employee can’t be productive and it’s your job to make sure they’re feeling their best so they can provide you with the best results.
Teach your employees how to manage their time
One of the drawbacks of working from home is that employees find it hard to draw a line between their personal and professional life. Employees who work from home are 52% less likely to take time off work, which can lead to a lot of issues down the line.
If your employees don’t know how to control their time and have designated work hours, they won’t be able to focus and their productivity will suffer because of it. But remember that your employees are still only human, so don’t criticize them for this drawback. Instead, communicate with them about how to handle it.
Here are some things you can do:
- Talk to them about time management techniques. Explain the best time management techniques, share resources, and organize workshops that will help your employees make the most out of their work day.
- Allow a flexible work schedule. Not everyone has the same level of productivity during different parts of the day, so allow your employees to work whenever it suits them best. As long as you communicate priorities clearly and explain what output you expect, let them work at their own pace.
- Instruct employees to make plans. Ask your freelancers to make daily, weekly, and monthly plans that will help them stay focused on their goals and keep their motivation high.
Freelancing is the future and it won’t be long before most in-house teams are replaced with people who are working from home. But freelancers won’t be a good fit for your company if you don’t ensure they’re as productive as they can be. So make sure to follow the tips you read about here.